March 23, 2011

PE5-Google Docs

                            I'm continuing my tutorial in Lynda.com 
As noted in my previous post,
I'm continuing my experienced training in
Google Docs Documents 

 This next section is about creating a Spreadsheet.



It works just like Excel!  If you're not so familiar with Excel, this tutorial shows how to manage using functions, formulas and charts.



This is the spreadsheet I've created for a list of information I'd like to collect to use with my Critical Based Learning Project:
This list will grow as I share this Spreadsheet and other members of this group.  Not only will everyone in the group be able to add their own information, but they'll also have real-time access to the information. Like I said in my previous post, I'm most excited about the ease of collaborating on these documents. This tutorial does a very good job of simply and very clearly showing how it's done.

In the next section of this tutorial, I've learned about creating, formatting, presenting, and publishing Presentations. As with other kinds of documents, there is an option to upload presentations already stored on your computer. This tutorial also showed how to create a presentation right within the Google Docs platform. It works very similar to PowerPoint without custom transitions. I find this ability to create a presentation in Google Docs exciting because of the possibilities for collaboration.


I'll encourage my CBR Learners to add their information to this presentation:

The tutorial goes on to explain how to create forms and analyze the responses.

I intend to use this feature in collecting information for my CBR Pre and Post Surveys



As I've said a few times now, I think what really makes these Google Docs useful is the ability for sharing and collaboration.       
The tutorial on Lynda.com concludes with information on using templates and troubleshooting. Although I'm at the end of this lesson, I'm sure I'm just at the beginning of my experience using, storing, and collaborating with Goggle Docs. 

Click this to hear what other educators have to say about how they're using Google Docs in their learning environments:

Click
<here to get started





Well, I'm officially certified in Google Docs ...so if you have any questions, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment