March 6, 2011

BP3- iGoogle Screen Shots of Personal Learning Environment

A Personal Learning Environment (PLE) is a comfortable and familiar place where we can go that sets the conditions for ease of learning.  I'm pretty comfortable with my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar and I wasn't sure I'd wanted to take the time to set up yet another system for organizing, yet I'm very glad I did!
My EMDT-ETC Course Director, Rena Hanaway, suggested iGoogle noting that it was easy to set up and later alter, offered many options, and had access to video tutorials if we'd get stuck. She seemed genuine and trustworthy so I gave it a shot. 
Click above if you'd like to give it a try!
These are some Screen Shots (taken on my MAC using the shortcut= shift>command>4) to record my results:

Home
I made this my "Home Page" so it conveniently shows when I log on. Note that some of the tabs along the left side lead to the pages I have listed below:

FSO
 CBR

ETC

Now I'll have a convenient "go to spot" where I can access the many connections to valued resources that aid with my continual learning process. I won't have to be concerned with running out of room on my toolbar, and have access from any computer (unlike some other tools available, iGoogle is a place that is not blocked by the school systems for the possibility of inappropriate content). I'm glad I took the time to set this up. In doing so I just may have also set myself up for success in the rest of my EMDTMS program!

No comments:

Post a Comment