March 13, 2011

Oops! ..."Can't cry over spilled milk"

I know I can't cry over spilt milk... or in my case tea... but I really wish I could! It just might help me feel better! While working on my assignments last night I inadvertently knocked over my cup of tea that I swear I almost always put on the counter behind me instead of on the same table as my computer! ... I quickly turned my computer upside down and it kept playing the iMovie I was watching but I must have tipped it just enough when trying to turn it off cause it powered off before I could reach the button. FSO Support's only suggestion was to a take it into the Apple Center asap. I placed it on the floor in the tent position in front of the heater vent and said my prayers before bed. Today, the Apple Rep said I did the "right thing" in response to the accident, my Macbook Pro's getting a trip to Tennesee, and repair time will be about 5-7 days.

Good news is that I had an External Hard Drive (USB or Firewire) and have a tool on my computer called "Time Machine" that periodically backs up all my files.
 I can not suggest any more strongly what an important a step it is to take seriously my suggestion to
Be Sure all of your files are BACKED UP!
A word to the wise is sufficient... Wisdom is learning from someone else's experience & I can assure you I'd take no pleasure in saying, "I told you so!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment