October 5, 2011

My Thoughts on a TED Talk by Benjanim Zander

This TED talk By Benjamin Zander holds such an important message for teachers as we hold a right attitude to create the proper environment for our students. It resonates with the Path to Potential (P2P) program I've worked on with a friend for the past 10 years.


http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/286 

(You'll have to click to view; sorry not able to embed it here)

He makes a few points at the end that really resonate with me when he states, "My job is to awaken possibility in other people," and realizes, like teachers, he as the conductor of the orchestra, has power to make other people powerful.  That he asks himself, "Who am I being that the eyes of my students are not shining?" Because success to him is defined by the number of shining eyes around him. I also found the last story he told to be powerful. I'd like to join him in his quest to "Never say anything that couldn't stand as the last thing I'll ever say."

No comments:

Post a Comment